Learning about the challenges and opportunities existing and prospective startups face!
75 interviews across five locations – 5 wannabe researchers – 30 days to conduct a first of its kind marathon study of the entrepreneurial ecosystem in the Terai!
From the troubles caused by the open-border policy with India, over the shortage of skilled labor and the striking a balance between industrialization and sustainability, to the burden of high hopes resting on a young generation.
- We visited the birthplace of Lord Buddha in Butwal;
- Explored the Las Vegas of Nepal in Nepalgunj;
- Got inspired by Danghadhi’s dream of becoming an international cricket hotspot in 2018;
- Experienced a land full of opportunities for the Karnali youth in Surkhet;
- and struggled to understand whether industrialization is a blessing or curse in the cement factory of Nepal, Dang.
Entrepreneurs see opportunities everywhereA cafe owner in the town of Surkhet